Director of Development
For 23 seasons, BCT has inspired the Treasure Valley community to examine our perspectives and to better understand ourselves, each other and the world around us by creating thought-provoking stories of the human experience. We are now entering our next phase as the Treasure Valley’s best choice for contemporary theater, and the director of development position will play a critical role in this new chapter.
In this position, you will be responsible for all fundraising efforts, providing strategic leadership in developing and implementing individual, corporate, foundation and government fundraising campaigns. You will work closely with our Board of Trustees’ advancement committee to engage current and prospective donors and patrons to help grow our $1 million operating budget. This position reports to the producing artistic director.
The ideal candidate possesses significant fundraising experience with a nonprofit organization along with a proven track record of growing contributed revenue. You are a highly organized and efficient team player who demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills and a passion for storytelling. Knowledge of Arts People software system is a plus.
- Collaborate with the producing artistic director to develop a comprehensive annual fundraising plan.
- Collaborate with the producing artistic director in monitoring and evaluating all fundraising activities to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Develop and manage timelines for all fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Coordinate meetings with current and prospective donors
- Collaborate with producing artistic director and education director to prepare and submit grant applications.
- Oversee research, identification and cultivation of individual and institutional prospects for BCT’s fundraising priorities.
- Oversee the administration of the donor database, which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information.
- Work with finance to create and maintain the annual development budget and assist in annual audit preparation.
- Coordinate opening night events, including developing and sending invitations to key donor audiences.
- Lead the planning and execution of all fundraising events and development and production of all fundraising-related materials.
- Develop and implement donor recognition program.
- Oversee fulfillment of all sustaining membership gifts to patrons.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Provide support as necessary to the producing artistic director.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits, scheduled to start September 1, 2019. To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
BCT is an equal opportunity employer.